A spin class first thing always sets you up for the day!! That’s what I’m telling myself anyway!! In need of a coffee hit, off to my regular coffee shop after posting this.
This week I thought I would talk about sprucing things up. I’ve been holding off on doing my bathroom because I’m thinking I will replace the whole suite, a free standing bath, vanity unit with marble top!! That’s on the wish list but comes with a high price tag. So after years of deliberatingÂ I recently decided I’m just going to spruce it up and this is what I did:
1) Painted the walls a dark hue, charcoal grey with a hint of blue
2) Box in bath with a new bath panel and creating a ledge around the front and side
3) Re tiled the floor which was one thing that definitely needed doing, dark grey wood tiles
4) Added a large framed picture above the bath, very dramatic, colours almost the same colour of the walls
5) Added 2 ikea lack shelves to house all cosmetics and stacks of towels
6) Replaced the very boring typical bathroom mirror which I’ve had for donkey’s years with a very chunky black frame mirror, (actually it was light grey but I painted it black
7) New Chinese style unit added in a bright green colour
8) Final piece is a small stool and voila, it’s totally transformed without spending wads of cash!
Only got a couple of snaps from my phone so not great picsÂ but I have found some that show you the type if thing I’m talkingÂ about and how you can change the look mainly by the colour you apply on the walls!
A great before and after shot, see what you can do by just changing the walls…. simple!
Loving the teal blue on the walls, I opted for the dark version like the picture on the left.
Did I mention that now the Bathroom has been spruced up, it’s now the kids favourite room!
Have a great day.